Welcome to Episode 131: When Sequencing Becomes Choreography with Host Sandy Raper. In this episode, Sandy explains the similarities and differences between yoga and dance. Explore how the concept of approaching sequencing as choreography has the potential to distract and diminish students' ability to tap into the more subtle, internal experience of the yoga practice.
- The difference between choreography and sequencing.
- Caution when your focus is more on the yoga pose sequence, or "choreography", rather than guiding students to thread breath awareness through the practice experience.
- Leading classes that focus on linking breath to movement in order to invite students into a sustained, one-pointed focus and awareness.
- The Somatic approach to leading and cueing a yoga class.
- The empowering approach of somatic therapy and how it applies to the yoga class experience.
Do you have a question about teaching yoga or something to share about how the BEYOND YOGA TEACHER TRAINING Podcast is making a difference in your teaching pursuits? Click here to message and share with Sandy.
Are you interested in unlocking the key essentials you need to take the mystery out of cueing?
Click this link and submit the “I Want to Know More” form and I’ll send you all of the details about my exciting NEW mini-course - The KEY Cueing™ Course. A mini-course designed to get you results fast and to take the mystery out of cueing your classes once and for all!