We start off the episode with Ashley and Carrie with a behind the scenes look at what’s going on at the Dallas Shootout!
I sit down with Justin Klemballa to discuss how we can elevate our current golf game without switching up the foundation we’ve honed over time.
Listen in as we explain why:
● Getting the ball in play on a tee shot is crucial, even if you must sacrifice some distance.
● Identifying six easy holes, six medium holes, and six hard holes can help make golf easier.
● Your decisions on the course, including club selection and play strategy, are within your control.
● Teeing off on the opposite side of where you want to hit the ball can open up the hole.
● Pin Locations tend to make us play worse golf.
● When in a fairway bunker, you have to have enough loft to get over the lip.
● Practicing with a purpose and the one-third practice rule can help improve your game.
● The importance of practicing three to four-foot putts cannot be overstated.
● The “one step at a time” strategy can simultaneously simplify and maximize every second of training.
● Even on a bad day, a good short game can save the day.
● Understanding that the ball's flight is beyond our control can help reduce stress and improve performance.
● Using a lower lofted club and letting the ball roll onto the green can help improve your shot when you're within a hundred yards of the hole.
T-Time After-Show with Shannon Mercer
● Being willing to go a bit off-route, and maybe even get a bogey, to avoid penalties around particularly tough golf holes.
● How often we avoid using our drivers.
● The idea of getting within a hundred yards and looking at the course from then on as a par 3.
● Dealing with fairway and downhill greenside bunker shots.
● Our practice schedules.
Connect with our Guests:
Shannon Mercer: Instagram
Ashley Ibanez: Instagram
Carrie Canoy: Instagram
For more information on our 2024 Creek Cup or the California Crush Invitational, please visit: CompeteConfidenceGolf.com
Subscribe to our FREE Female Golfer Facebook Group: First T Crew [Behind the Scenes of Women’s Golf]
Get in touch!
Be sure you are subscribed to our podcast to automatically receive the NEW episodes weekly!!!