Ever had your stomach growl or make noises. You pause thinking you're hungry. Or are you? Is your mind playing tricks on you?
It is a challenge to know whether or not you are hungry. There are many factors that are involved both chemically and physically.
Let's look at hunger.
Hunger signals your body that you are insufficient in nutrients and energy. Sometimes it comes in the form of a rumbling tummy or at other times the tick-tock of the clock.
But the key is understanding and knowing whether or not you really are hungry.
When you have this feeling of hunger, it comes from the drop in your blood sugar signaling to your brain to release the hormone, Ghrelin.
Once your body has the message that you're hungry and food begins to fill your stomach, Ghrelin slows down and the peptide YY is released. This helps to signal satiation.
You are fueled up and full.
However, it's those pesky little cravings that can mess up everything. These cravings can be encouraged and brought on by commercials, boredom, smells, stress, sadness, and even the late-night sweet tooth.
All of a sudden, you find yourself in the pantry grabbing for the closest salty, savory, or sweet thing to reduce the urge.
Some people though have a hard time trying to figure out whether it's a craving or if they're really hungry.
It's all in your head.
One way to figure this out is to ask yourself if a nutritious food would satisfy you. If you really don't want the good stuff, then most likely it's the pesky craving.
Your mind is wanting to fill a void with food instead of dealing with whatever it is. Your cravings get in the way so you can bury what you don't want.
So how can you escape the cravings?
Outsmart your cravings!
Once you begin to recognize and realize the differences between hunger and cravings, you can then focus on your health and wellness goals with less of a distraction.
So let's outsmart your cravings.
You can change the way you see your food. But it's going to take effort both chemically, physically, and mentally.
You can outsmart your cravings and enjoy the food God intended for nourishment of your mind, body, and spirit.
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
11. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music -
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.