A nostalgic look back at our favorite hockey hero's who wore the red, white and blue for the Rangers during the 1960's,70's and 80's.
*In episode 40 Tom, Rob and Mike review the progress of the Stanley Cup Finals , remember former Rangers captain Bob Nevin( we have included a replay of Episode #1 featuring Bob Nevin as a bonus ) who passed away last week as well as discuss the career of former Rangers Defenseman Tom Laidlaw.
* Laidlaw was drafted by the Rangers in the 6th round of the 1978 Draft.
Tom Laidlaw was one of the fan favorites at MSG while he played for the Rangers and also for the Kings during his 11 year career in the NHL.
* Laidlaw played only one game for the Rangers minor league affiliate before promoted to the big club for the 1980-81 season.
* Currently Ranks 87 - Top 100 NY Rangers
* Laidlaw was a physical, steady and tough "stay at home '' defenseman who protected his teammates , blocked shots and cleared the crease for his teammates in goal.
* Traded by the Rangers along with Bobby Carpenter in a Mega deal to the Kings for HOFer Marcel Dionne , Jeff Crossman and a third round pick the latter part of the 1987 season.
* Laidlaw twice earned the Rangers prestigious "Players Player award" .
* After his NHL career Laidlaw has been a Players Agent, Corporate Motivational speaker and currently has written a book called "True Grit Life". He currently operates a website by the same name focussing on personal development in all areas of life.
* He also was the first Canadian to appear on the television program "Survivor "