A nostalgic look back at our favorite hockey heroes and legends who wore the red, white and blue for the Rangers during the 1960's, 70's and 80's.
In episode number 33 we look back at the career of one of the most popular and clutch NY Rangers during the 1970's and current Radio Analyst for the club ...number 21 Centre Pete Stemkowski.
*Stemkowski played 14 years in the NHL with the Maple Leafs, Red Wings , Rangers and kings
* " Stemmer" excelled as the third line center for the club both on offense and defense during his seven years with the Rangers
* Scored one of the most memorable goals in Rangers and Madison Square Garden History with his Triple overtime goal against the Black Hawks during game six of the 1971 Semifinals( He scored two overtime goals in the series)
* Was considered the Rangers best face-off man
*Stemkowski had five 20 plus goal seasons with three of those playing with the Rangers including a career high 70 points in 1973-74 and 12 points in the playoffs that same year.
* Earned All-Star honors while with the Redwings during the 1968 season.
* Was an important contributor to the Maple leafs last Stanley Cup Championship in 1967 tallying 12 points.
* Member of the Polish American Sports HOF -2002
* Established a reputation for keeping his teammates loose with his quick wit and sense of Humor
* Worked with the San Jose Sharks broadcasting team for a few seasons starting in 2002.
* Currently the color analyst for The Rangers radio broadcast team